These Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are my go-to when I’m craving a cookie but without the unhealthy effects of gluten or dairy. They take about 10 minutes to throw together (I’ve gotten so good at it now it takes about 5 minutes!) And then about another 7 – 10 minutes in the oven, depending on how fast your oven is. I have a fan oven so it heats up instantly and bakes these within 7 minutes!
- 1 cup of Real Food Source’s extra fine organic almond flour
- 1/4 tsp fine Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Doves Farms Organic baking soda
- Chopped 75% dark chocolate, OR dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Coconut Merchant’s extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup Maple Farm’s organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Steenberg’s vanilla extract
Step by Step “How to”
- Pre-heat your oven to 175° C or 350° F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, except the chocolate chips
- Combine wet ingredients into a smaller bowl and mix thoroughly
- Then combine both sets of ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Scoop a tablespoon of the dough onto the lined baking sheet, spacing the dough balls about an inch and a half apart
- Once you’ve filled the baking tray, use the flat of your hand to flatten the balls
- Then press the chocolate chips onto the flattened dough
- Pop into the middle rack of the oven for 7 – 15 minutes
- Bake until cookies turn light gold – you won’t need to check on them, as once they’re done, your kitchen will smell like a heavenly combination of vanilla, coconut and maple syrup
- Remove from oven and cool – although I can never really wait and love eating them straight out of the oven!
These cookies can be stored in the freezer and reheated at a later date! Which is another trick I use to ensure they don’t get devoured in one sitting!