To view the original newsletter, click here
This Shrove Tuesday we have the perfect Gluten-free and Dairy-free pancake recipe to warm you up on a frosty February morning. This winning recipe doubles up as a Shrove Tuesday treat, AND will win you points on Valentine’s Day as well!
We know that one of the hardest things about being on an Elimination Diet is going gluten-free or dairy-free. It’s easy to feel like you’re missing out or denying yourself treats on important holidays and festivals. This can be just as damaging to your mood and mental wellbeing.
So we’ve perfected pancakes that are free from gluten, grains, soy, and refined sugar, but are full of protein, good fat, fibre and bursting with flavour, to make you smile from the inside out.
Bear in mind, this recipe is not suitable if you have a nut allergy.
- ½ cup blanched, ground almonds or almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon or ground vanilla
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water or non-dairy mylk
- 2 large organic free range eggs
- Organic Grade A Maple Syrup
- Rebel Kitchen Coconut Yogurt
- Berries, Kiwis, Nuts or Seeds of your choosing.
Step by Step “How to”
- Heat a medium sized frying pan and add a teaspoon of coconut oil to coat the base of the pan
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Combine all the wet ingredients and whisk until eggs are fully integrated
- Then combine the dry with the wet ingredients thorougly so that it forms a batter
- Check that the pan is hot, and then turn down the heat
- Ladle the batter into the pan, one ladle full at a time onto the skillet
- When bubbles begin to form, then flip the pancake for another minute or so until both sides are cooked
- Stack onto a plate
- Serve with maple syrup, berries, or kiwi fruit, and Rebel Kitchen’s coconut yogurt
- For those who have grown up on the other side of the Atlantic, enjoy with grass-fed, organic bacon.