Have you been told “your blood tests are normal” but you know something just isn’t right?
Most likely up until now, you’ve been working with a traditional healthcare provider, or even a specialist, who consistently runs blood work but can never find anything suspicious, or if they do find something borderline, they’ll advise you to just “watch” certain biomarkers, and come back in 6 months or a year.
While blood test results can provide a wealth of information, the key is to assess your results based on “Functional” ranges and not “Clinical ranges”.
The main reason for this is that clinical ranges are very broad, determined by averaging sick people’s scores. Do you want to be compared to a sick population and then be told you’re “well” just because your results say “normal”?
Don’t settle for “Everything looks normal”, particularly if you have symptoms like:
- Joint pains
- Mood swings
- Night sweats
- Poor sleep
- Difficulty losing weight
With Functional Medicine, biomarkers are assessed so that they can be managed before they fall within clinical range. That’s because, according to Stanford University, 95% of all illness is stress-related, and the CDC confirms that 95% of all illness is lifestyle-related – that’s right, it’s not genetics!
Genes may load the gun, but your environment pulls the trigger!
That means YOU have the power to influence your health outcomes rather than resign yourself to, “It’s old age” or “It runs in my family.”
If you can live your way into being unwell, you CAN live your way back to optimal health, through Diet, Rest, Exercise, Stress Management and Selective Supplements (D.R.E.S.S.).
One of my favourite tests to use is a gut health test, because it tells us so much more than a traditional blood panel. Hippocrates said, “All disease begins in the gut” and we now have good evidence to show that up to 90% of the immune system is located there!
As 57% of our gut microbiome is actually more microorganism DNA than human, the gut health test helps us understand the balance of bugs in your digestive tract. These impact your:
Yes, those trillion microorganisms residing inside your gut are connected to so many seemingly unrelated things.
Gut dysbiosis (or imbalance) comes in 3 main patterns:
- Digestive Dysfunction
You can have any one of these or a combination of all 3.
Insufficiency dysbiosis is when you don’t have enough “good guys”
Inflammatory dysbiosis is when you have an overgrowth of “bad guys”
Digestive dysfunction dysbiosis is when you aren’t breaking down your food and it just sits there undigested and fermenting, leading to bloating, reflux, and gas, constipation or diarrhea.
This is often due to a lack of digestive enzymes, but is often mistaken for too much stomach acid, leading most gastro-enterologists to erroneously prescribe proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole or Lansoprazole.
I know this because this is what happened to me! After almost a decade of various tests, probes, and scans with different doctors and gastro-enterologists, they’d all concluded there was nothing wrong with me, and it must be in my head. Being dismissed like this infuriated me – why would I invent the horrific IBS, anxiety and messed up hormones that were destroying my life?
I kept searching for answers and that is how I discovered Functional Medicine, and worked with a Functional Medicine practitioner who ran a specific gut health test, called the GI Map, which literally changed my life for the better!
It’s now the starting point for working with my clients, even if they’re showing up with mental health or hormonal problems, and it forms the foundation of the Heal Your Gut 90-day program.
Heal Your Gut is perfect for you if:
- You’re feeling held back in your career and in life because of low energy, mood swings, hormonal imbalances, stress or digestive issues
- You believe that medications are just a band-aid and don’t address the root cause
- You understand that health is wealth
- You like understanding exactly how your body works using cutting-edge science
- You believe that prevention is better than cure
- You can commit to weekly Zoom sessions for 12 weeks
- You’re a high-performer earning 6 figures or more
- You’re interested in anti-aging, high-performance, staying immune resilient, emotionally balanced, and getting great sleep
- You are ready to supercharge your career by getting to the bottom of your health issues once and for all
How it works
- Book an initial consultation, where we review a brief health assessment that you complete online (emailed to you via our Portal and App Healthie, after you book the session) and we confirm that the Heal Your Gut program is right for you.
- The GI Map is sent to your home, so we can discover what is biologically driving your symptoms. Collect your sample and return via Courier.
- You complete a detailed medical history using an online intake form in our convenient portal and app Healthie.
- Your 60-90 minute online Lab Review takes place a couple weeks later, with my Functional Medicine Doctor Dr Nathan Curran or Chief Nutritional Therapist Despina Giannopoulou.
- You track your food, mood, sleep and exercise via the Healthie Inc app 72 hours before the Lab Review.
- In the Lab Review, they interpret your results, aligned with the information on the intake form and the food you’ve been tracking, then prescribe you a detailed, personalised Diet, Rest, Exercise, Stress Management and Selective Supplements plan .
- To successfully implement the plan, I coach you for 6 – 12 sessions within 12 weeks – during which time, you can expect to feel happier, sharper, more balanced and full of energy.
- At the 90-day mark, you have a review with the clinical team. We often get you to retake certain tests to look at vitamin status and hormones but through your GP, so we can see what biomarkers have improved. We like evidence 🙂.
What does it cost?
Other programs and practitioners offer these types of programs beginning at $10,000. Indeed, I looked into working with a famous functional medicine doctor and that price was the starting point for just labs, and didn’t include consultations and coaching!
However, working with me and my multi-disciplinary team across 3 months including your labs – starts at half that! When you weigh it up, it is a fraction of the cost of feeling unwell, dealing with the effects of imbalanced hormones or mood, foggy thinking.
My goal with you is simple: run the right labs to understand your biochemistry, so that you can modify it to get the health and lifestyle you deserve!
Ask yourself 3 questions:
- What is your health and vitality worth to you?
- How long can you continue being stuck in the cycle of trial and error?
- Can you really afford to not make a change?
You CAN get your energy back so you can live a happy, vibrant, and fulfilled life. To get started, book your initial consultation here. And let’s get to the bottom of how you’re feeling, so that you can get on the road to radiant health and happiness.