I remember when I was instructed to eat a cold salad each morning by a personal trainer who was into Functional Medicine, to help with symptoms of estrogen dominance. It was back in 2014 and I was desperate so I was willing to try anything, even salad for breakfast in winter!
It was weird but it worked! This simple salad each morning across a few weeks – in tandem with cleaning up my act elsewhere – really made a difference.
- My skin cleared up almost instantly! That monthly hormonal chin acne was no more!
- My bloating started to settle, and my tummy was flatter.
- My bathroom visits were regular and pain free.
- Aaand my period wasn’t this thing that knocked me down each month for days at a time.
Sounds like science fiction right?! How could all my doctors not know that food is medicine?
That simple, every day items in our fridges and pantry could hold so much healing for not only our physical bodies, but our mental health?
It still to this day fascinates me. Everything we need is offered to us freely by the natural world, if we can be bothered to stop and pay attention to the signs around us. So here it is, the Carrot Detox Salad.
- 1 Grated Carrot
- A couple of Chopped Radishes
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- Optional: Chopped Arugula or Parsley
I’d recommend warming the coconut oil slightly so it is liquid. Then drizzling the oil, apple cider vinegar and salt over the vegetables.